Thursday, April 6, 2017

Dear Beloved,
Its the first week of my enlistment in the union army and i am most happily certain to tell you, that so far it is going quite well. I am missing everyone at home including you my dear . Although it is very different than being at home, being a part of this army is a great responsibility and i am honored to be a part of it. By the way i was meaning to ask, How is my dear father William doing? He probably might be quite busy with his job as a banker. I am curious to how his health has been considering he’s been having a bad cold recently and seems to be very ill. It would have been fantastic if you were here my dear. You a volunteer nurse could heal many of the wounded soldiers here including me as i was shot in my knee and could have a possibility of having it amputated. Well now this is it i wish you luck with the rest of time until i return.
Sincerely,

Your dear Bruce.

No comments:

Post a Comment